Are you regularly if not always working from home? You are not alone. It has been reported that as much as 44% of the UK population is working from home or in some sort of hybrid working situation.
But working from home doesn't have to mean being disconnected from the world.
Having a virtual coffee break can be a great way to take a break and recharge while working from home. Here's a simple guide on how to enjoy a virtual coffee break:
1. Schedule a break: Determine a specific time for your virtual coffee break, just as you would in a traditional office setting. This helps create structure and ensures you take regular breaks.
2. Coordinate with colleagues: If you have colleagues or friends who are also working remotely, invite them to join your virtual coffee break. You can use video conferencing tools like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Google Meet to connect with them.
3. Prepare your coffee or beverage of choice: Brew your favorite coffee or prepare a beverage that you enjoy. It could be tea, hot chocolate, or some of our RARA coffee mushroom blends that help you relax and unwind.
4. Set up your virtual meeting: Create a virtual meeting room on your preferred video conferencing platform and share the meeting details with your colleagues or friends. Make sure everyone knows the time and link to join.
5. Connect and chat: When the designated break time arrives, join the virtual meeting room and start your coffee break together. Take a moment to catch up with each other, share stories, and enjoy casual conversations.
6. Create a cozy ambiance: Enhance the virtual coffee break experience by creating a cozy atmosphere. Light a scented candle, play soft music, or even use a virtual background to set the mood.
7. Discuss non-work topics: Avoid discussing work-related matters during your virtual coffee break. Instead, focus on personal interests, hobbies, movies, books, or anything else that sparks your interest. Treat it as a time to relax and socialise.
8. Take a mental break: Step away from your work and give your mind a break. Use this time to recharge and rejuvenate. Stretch, close your eyes, or simply enjoy sipping your beverage while chatting with your colleagues.
9. Keep it flexible: Remember that virtual coffee breaks should be enjoyable and flexible. Don't feel pressured to stick to a strict schedule or format. Adapt it to your preferences and the preferences of your virtual coffee break buddies.
Virtual coffee breaks can be an excellent way to maintain social connections, boost morale, and break up the monotony of working from home. They provide an opportunity to interact with colleagues and foster a sense of camaraderie, even when physically distant. So go on get a virtual coffee break planned in your calendar!